Thought of doing something completely different, and although the original intention was something lower-fat… the sauce became a nice butter reduction… I had something in mind, and then at the grocery store saw Roma tomatoes in PERFECT ripeness (surprisingly around this time of year too…) so I started changing things as I went.
- 1LB ground chicken
- ~1cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ~1cup Parmesan-Romano blend
- 1 egg
- Italian Seasoning
- Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cubed
- handful fresh basil
- 1/2LB Shrimp - Uncooked, de-veined and tails removed
- 1LB pasta (any long noodle)
- Heat a large saute pan, on Med-Low, Add butter and chicken broth. Once Butter-Broth mixture is melted, add garlic and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix all meatball ingredients and roll into golf ball sized meatballs, Fry in another large saucepan on High heat with Oil. Char the outsides and cook about 75% through, then drop into boiled Sauce mixture.
- Can also Bake the meatballs at 350F for 15-20mins, but do this ahead of time.
- Let the meatballs finish cooking in the sauce mixture while you cut-up and add the tomatoes and basil. Let cook together an additional 5-8mins.
- Add uncooked shrimp and juice from 1 lemon (I like to throw the halves in there as well to get some more flavor) Cook until shrimp is done, ~5 mins
- Serve over pasta, and enjoy!!