You know when you all the sudden get the BIGGEST craving for something and nothing can satisfy it until you have it? Well that was the case for me on Sunday with Shrimp Scampi lol. Fortunately, it’s REALLY easy to make and I had all the ingredients minus the shrimp. I didn’t put cream in this recipe because I didn’t want it to turn more alfredo-ey, and actually ended up putting a lot more lemon in and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!
Ingredients: (For 2 people, double for more!)
- 1/2 LB Fettucine
- 1/2 LB large uncooked shrimp (shelled and de-veined)
- 2-3 TBsp Butter
- 1/2 TBsp minced garlic (or 2 cloves slivered)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2-3 TBsp Olive oil
- 1 TBsp dried parsley (2 TBsp fresh)
- 1-2 TBsp lemon juice (~2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Boil water for your Fettuccine and get the pasta cookin’.
- Heat a Medium saute pan on High heat. Reduce to Medium/Med-low and add olive oil and butter. Once garlic melts, add garlic and crushed red pepper. Keep stirring, you don’t want anything to burn. Add salt-n-pep (you can add more and taste later)
- Once garlic starts to turn golden, add shrimp to pan. Stir around a bit until it’s curled up but not cooked completely, then add Wine.
- Crank it up to Med/Med-High, add parsley, and toss and turn the shrimp to cook them evenly while allowing the wine to boil slightly.
- Once shrimp is cooked, turn heat off and add lemon juice (you can add the squeezed lemon wedges in there too for looks and flavor.
- After you’ve strained the Fettuccine, toss with Parmesan cheese so cheese sticks & coats pasta. Add pasta into skillet and toss with shrimp and sauces.
- Serve hot with optional lemon wedges for extra juice.
- Bon Appétit!! 🙂