I had this grandiose idea of making a spicy Chuck Roast… there definitely was a kick, but I think the sweet peppers dominated. I’ve revised the recipe to tone those back so this flavor will be more of a sweet-n-spicy with a nice little jalapeno kick at the end!
Paired with: Rio Madre Rioja
- 2-1/2 Lb Beef Chuck Steak
- 3 large Spanish Onions
- 5 Jalapeno Peppers
- 15 oz Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 QT Grape Tomatoes
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Cabernet Wine
- 4 springs fresh Sage
- 4 springs fresh Rosemary
- In a large Dutch Oven on med heat, cook down 1 cup chicken broth with diced onions (approx 1 hour)
- Add sliced mini sweet peppers, grape tomatoes, herbs, other cup of chicken broth and season. Cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Nestled in the Beef and pour wine over. Cover and cook on med-low stove-top for 2 hours. Stir/break apart slightly with wooden spoon.
- Then put in 350F oven with top on for 3 hours.
- Can be served over rice or on its own!!