I LOVEEEE this dish, very similar to my Sausage Tortellini Soupthe flavors just get soaked into the noodles (and in this case the potatoes) and get better and better each day.
Honestly, I love this the next day just nice and cold. This is a really hearty, but healthy soup which can be served year round because of the amazing flavors. Feel free to mix-n-match the vegetables to whats in season. You really can’t go wrong with this dish!! 🙂
- 1 whole cooked rotisserie chicken, meat pulled off
- 3-4 carrots, diced (or chop up a 2 cups baby carrots)
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 6-8 baby potatoes, cubed
- 12-16oz can small diced tomatoes
- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt-n-fresh ground pep
- Dried – Basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme
- In a large stock-pot, heat broth, juice from diced tomatoes, and remainder of the ingredients (minus chicken and tortellini) till a boil. Reduce heat to Med-Low.
- Add chopped carrots, celery, potatoes and diced tomatoes. Simmer for ~20 mins (until tender)
- Add chicken and tortellini and cook ~10 mins (until tortellini is al dente)