This cake was SOOO rich and moist it MUST be added to my staples… Beware Chocoholics as you won’t be able to just have one slice!!
Pound Cake –
- 1 package Dark Chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 10 oz – Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- Beat ingredients for 10 min on medium
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Bake at 350F, 45-55 mins in Bunt pan
Dark Chocolate Liqueur Frosting –
- 6 TB Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2oz Almond liqueur
- Cream Butter and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Slowly add liqueur, then milk till frosting reaches desired consistency. Then beat another 5 mins till nice and creamy!