I made this for a Holiday party to feed 16 girls. It’s definitely a splurge because of the amount of BUTTER in it, but it’s soooo creamy & delicious you just cannot RESIST!!
For some extra holiday flair, I died the noodles while they were boiling. All you do is add some drops of food coloring to the water when you throw in the pasta, and VOILA!!! Adds a nice extra touch and is super easy. For the red and green intensity, I added about 10 drops/pound of pasta.
This might become an addiction… Blue pasta HERE I COME!!
This recipe makes a LOTTT so adjust your quantities as needed.
- 2LB Fettuccine Noodles
- 1LB Shrimp (uncooked, peeled and deveined, 41-50 count/lb)
- 1/2 LB Chicken (uncooked, tenders or breasts, cubed)
- 4oz Milk
- 1 Qt heavy Cream
- 8oz Butter
- +2 TB Flour
- 12-14oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese, Romano, Fontina blend (ratio is totally flexible)
- 2 TB minced garlic
- salt-n-pep to taste
- On medium heat, melt down butter and garlic, add flour. Make sure the garlic doesn’t burn!
- Whisk in the heavy cream and milk until hot.
- Slowly add the freshly grated cheese and stir around (I used my whisk to help stir). Add some salt-n-pep and turn heat down to low. Continue to stir to make sure everything melds together.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, start cooking the chicken with a little garlic, salt-n-pep and some olive oil.
- When chicken is about half cooked (still has pink in the center) Add the shrimp.
- Keep moving this around and add a ladle of the sauce to it.
- Once your sauce is consistent and has reach your desired thickness, you can either serve individually with adding the sauce and shrimp mix separately, or toss some the sauce with the pasta and add the shrimp and chicken.
- There will be more sauce than pasta, so don’t mix it all in together at once!
- ENJOY!!! 😉