This dish was SOOOO fun and really enjoyable to make. It’s super easy and I think this is a great base, so it can easily be doctored up a bit!
I like how it’s a ‘stuffed’ theme, but not the extent of work that stuffed shells requires. I’m already crafting my next dish as we speak….
It did get a little tight in the kitchen with the counter space needed for the noodles to lie-out/cool down… I have a few stools for the eating area that I used as little tables haha. But I can’t complain because my Condo is the most counter space I’ve EVER had (and bless the Lord for the garbage disposal…) 😉
- 1LB lasagna noodles (stay away from the ‘no boil versions’)
- 15-23oz Ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 12oz fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2tsp crushed red pepper
- salt-n-pep t.t.
- 24oz marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook lasagna noodles till al dente, prep your counter area with wax/parchment paper and cooking spray. When noodles are done, drain and lay flat, make sure none of the noodles overlap (they’ll stick like crazy!)
- Saute the spinach and garlic with olive oil over Med. heat, add salt-n-pep.
- Meanwhile, mix the ricotta, egg, parm, crushed red pep and more salt-n-pep to taste.
- The spinach will be ready when it’s wilted, yet still bright green in color (once it starts darkening too much it’s been overcooked) pull the spinach out, and strain slightly if there is a lot of oil on it. Then mix it in with the ricotta blend.
- Prepare a casserole dish/pan with 4-6oz of sauce spread evenly on the bottom.
- Now’s the FUN part!! Scoop a few spoonfuls of ricotta mixture onto the lasagna noodles and spread to cover from edge to edge. (Make sure you don’t put a TON on, it’ll start to ooze out the sides!) then roll up the noodle and place seam down in the casserole dish. repeat.repeat.repeat….
- Pour remaining sauce over noodles, sprinkle the mozz over top, cover the dish with aluminum foil and back ~30 mins.
- In the last 5 mins of baking, you can remove the foil to make some of the edges crispy.
- Buon Appetito!!