Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
I helped Mom make 2 dishes for Brunch, both were SO easy and so delicious! We prepared them last night so we could just turn on the crock in the morning, and throw the other one in the oven. We didn’t want anything taking us away from the morning festivities!!
- 1LB frozen shredded hash browns
- 1LB hot sausage
- 1 onion – chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt-n-pep to taste
- In a medium frying pan, cook crumbled sausage and onion. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 4 quart or larger slow cooker. Place 1/3 of the hash brown potatoes in a layer on the bottom. Layer 1/3 of the sausage/onion mix then Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers two more times.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the contents of the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 7 hours.
Note: May have to use a turkey baster to remove the cheese juices/sweat on top before serving.