What an AMAZING and unique recipe. It does take some work, especially when you multiply the quantity… I made this dish for 8+ people and leftovers!
You can marinate the chicken in anything, but I decided to use Country Sweet (one of the best things to happen to Rochester…) it’s a perfect blend of sweet, sour and tangy with a nice kick at the end. You can also use Pancetta, but either way get it from the butcher or deli and have them slice it about 1/4″ thick.
Pairs well with a nice hot and doughy garlic-buttery bread for the extra dippings.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 LB Bow Tie Pasta
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3-4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup grated Asiago
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Marinate Chicken in Country Sweet (or desired marinade) Grill, sliced into large chunks and set aside.
- In a Med saucepan, simmer 2 cups heavy cream, 3-4 crushed chicken bouillon cubes, grated Asiago and whisk till smooth. Then add Cream of mushroom soup and let simmer.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 TBsp butter, add chopped prosciutto, 4 cloves garlic and the sliced mushrooms. Saute over Med heat until mushrooms are nice and tender, then lower heat to simmer.
- Meanwhile, boil a stockpot of water and cook the pasta al dente.
- When pasta is done, pour the heavy cream sauce into the prosciutto sauce, don’t drain off anything!;) and stir to mix.
- To assemble bowl, throw pasta in with chicken chunks on top, then pour desired amount of sauce over.