This is one of those dishes that’s good the ENTIRE cooking process and you keep adding ingredients thinking it can’t get better and it DOES!
I can’t believe how much food this ended up making too… I will cut the recipe in half to list below, but it was very easy to make 2Lbs+1.5Lbs of meat… deLISH!
I (of course) altered the recipe and ended up putting it in the oven with cheese on top and baking it, then I broiled for about 8 mins to get a nice crispy golden crust on top…. I’m literally salivating over here…
- 1 LB elbow Macaroni
- 1 LB ground lean turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBsp butter
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 TBsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried marjoram (you can use dried basil as a substitute)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta al dente.
- In the meantime, cook meat in an oiled and buttered pan, salt-n-pep as needed. Break up meat and crumble.
- When meat is almost cooked, add onions, garlic, pepper and seasonings. Continue to cook until onions and peppers get soft, approx 8mins
- Add chicken stock and sour cream, bring to a bubble then reduce heat to low.
- Toss with pasta and let pasta absorb some of the juice.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with melted cheese. Bake 350F for 20mins, last 5-10 mins put oven to broil to crisp it up (MAKE SURE TO WATCH IT!)
- Bon Appétit!