I made this a few days ago and posted it… then my sister and brother in law had their BEAUTIFUL Baby boy and specially requested it while they get settled back at home from the Hospital. So of COURSE I made it again, this time swirling into large ‘nests’ for individual portions, MUCH nicer looking!
This definitely is QUITE the hit!! It’s really nice and creamy actually, with some pop’s of flavors from the Tomato and Basil.
You don’t have to bake it, but I strongly recommend as the flavors meld together, the cheese melts more and the tomatoes POP with juices 😉 haha YUM
- 1LBs Fettucine or Linguine
- ~12 Grape tomatoes, sliced/quartered (make sure to get the green tip off!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (less for new Moms! 😉
- 10-12 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thin slice
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup mozz or extra parm (for baking method only)
- 2 TBsp butter
- Chop up grape tomatoes, basil leaves, scallions and garlic, toss together and set aside
- Cook pasta al dente; drain and toss with parmesan and butter
- Stir garlicy vegetables into pasta
- Swirl into large ‘nests’ by using a fork and serving spoon, top tomatoes over top with extra mozz or parm if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450F for 10 mins, until some pasta edges crispen