This is an amazing side dish or fresh for lunch served nice and chilled. It really is PACKED with flavor!!
Mom gave me this recipe and we typically have it with Marinated Salmon, totally delish!
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup pine nuts – roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (drizzle and taste, then add more)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water
- In the Meantime, cut up onions and toast pine nuts (watch them so they don’t burn! They toast very fast!!)
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and white pepper.
- Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Refrigerate and serve cold
- Bon Appétit!