I’m testing out posting from an app on my phone… Hopefully this works!
I decided to do some cooking tonight after stopping at the grocery store for cheese and then finding some incredible deals on Hot Sausage for $1.99/LB, buy one get one free mushrooms & grape tomatoes and wheat penne for 99cents!!
Add a glass of Marcus James 2008 Cabernet and we’re cookin’!! Literally…
or ‘Lichtraly’ as the English say 😉
- 1LB hot italian sausage
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1large cooking onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 LB wheat penne
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
1. Cook onions over med-high heat, approx 10 mins, till almost translucent. Add garlic and turn down heat.
2. Add mushrooms, 1 cup water and bouillon cube, turn heat back to med-high and cover.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil and add pasta.
4. On another skillet, brown sausage and break into chunks. Add salt-n-pep and more Italian seasoning. When sausage is 85-90% done, add to mushroom and onion mixture, keep cover off and reduce to med-low.
5. Add sliced tomatoes and cook for another few mins to let the flavors mix.
6. Serve hot over pasta with shredded mozz cheese on top.
7. Bon Appétit!