Honestly I made these SO long ago, I’m forgetting how I did it!
I was making up the recipe as I went along… Here was my process:
- Combine peppers and onions with tons of spices in saucepan, cook until tender, pull off heat, and stir in tons of shredded cheese (mozz in my case)
- Mix un-cooked sausage with seasonings, 1 egg and breadcrumbs
- Form meat mixture around cheese/pepper mixture into golf ball size
- Cook 350F for ~10 mins to cook halfway
- Remove balls and place in center of Phyllo squares and pinch at top
- Place back in oven and cook 10-15 mins until golden brown