My Boss is obsessed with Biscotti and it just so happens my Mom has an awesome recipe from her Mother! I’ve never made Biscotti so of course I wanted to experiment, however I realized I’m not a big Biscotti fan! Perhaps if it was drenched in Chocolate… but I can definitely see how people love these with their Coffee or whatnot.
- 1 1/2 cups of hazelnuts (skinless if possible)
- 2 cups plus 2 tab of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- grated rind of one lemon and one orange.
- Toast and chop hazelnuts. Sift together dry ingredients.
- Beat together sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla and the rinds.
- Blend in dry ingredients and then cool hazelnuts.
- Spoon batter on to buttered and floured baking sheets, shaping into 2- 12 x 2 inch logs, 4 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until golden. (Watch that the logs don’t slide off of the baking sheet. Mine did and it was messy !)
- Remove from oven and cut logs into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices on the diagonal.
- Bake additional 15 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to wire racks and cool.