- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsps crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 7 -12 oz hot Italian sausage
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook al dente.
- In large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat. Remove casting from sausage and add to skillet. Cook breaking up the meat, until brown. Add onions, garlic and red pepper to and cook, stirring until garlic and onion are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 min. (cook longer to thicken)
- Add vodka and cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer 5 more min.
- Top plate of penne (or bow ties!) with cream sauce and add fresh parsely!