OK for those of you that know me… know I’m a FREAK about Peanut Butter Pie… like it’s an obsession… WELL my sister got me mixing beaters, a big 4qt mixing bowl and tons of kitchen stuff for Christmas that I’ve been dying to try out…
I know I know… EVERYONE says they’re recipes the best… but I’m an EXPERT, I’ve tasted and tried a thousand versions of peanut butter pie, and if you go on any recipe site they’ve even numbered them because there’s so many… Well my friends… if you want an experts opinion this is THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER PIE FILLING OUT THERE.
I totally recommend mixing it up with different crusts, homemade crusts are the best! but I still find the Oreo brand pie shell to do the trick for me. The next one on my list is homemade nutter butter crust..
Can you tell I’m crazy and excited over this? Well enough already here’s the recipe!!
Marielle’s Expert Peanut Butter Pie Filling:
1-1/2 cups peanut butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
12 oz cool whip
1 tsp Vanilla
1 TBsp butter, softened
- Whip the butter, vanilla and cream cheese for approx 2-3 mins till fluffy.
- Add in peanut butter and sugar, whip and keeping whipping for 5-8 mins.
- WHIP IN the cool whip, another 2-3 mins.
- Spoon into baked shell and chill.
- Garnish with choc. chips, nuts, snickers bars, etc.
- WARNING: This makes more filling that can fit… Spoon extra filling into cool whip container and eat with a spoon or dipped graham crackers 😉