I love this recipe so much because
1. It is SO easy
2. You can keep all the ingredients on hand whenever you need a last minute dessert and
3. Most important… it’s DELICIOUS! 🙂
This is one of my Mom’s recipes which she uses cherry pie filling. It’s great with any of the pie fillings so pick and choose!
Also, the recipe calls for a 9×13 dish, which works great! of course I’m still building my kitchen items up so I used a 9×9 and baked it longer. It ended up making the crusty top really thick and I actually liked it better!
Yes I know it calls for a lot of butter… breathe… everything’s good in moderation, so take a small portion and use low-fat ice cream. It’s very filling so you’ll be surprised! 😉
1 box yellow cake mix
1 large (21 oz) can raspberry pie filling
1 small (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Layer everything in bottom of a greased baking dish. Pineapple first, raspberry, then dry cake mix. DO NOT MIX.
- Cut stick of butter into ~1/8″ thick squares and dab all over top of cake mix.
- Bake 25 mins (took me 35 with the 9×9) till golden brown and some bubble.
- Enjoy with Vanilla ice cream or plain! YUMMY!