- 1 pound orzo
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, juices drained
- 1 cup frozen peas/green beans (opt.)
- 1-1/4 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Cook orzo in a large saucepan of salted water, until tender but still firm to the bite, approx 8 minites.
- Meanwhile, saute the shallot and garlic in oil over medium heat. approx 2 minites
- Add the tomatoes and cook until tender. approx 8 minites
- Stir in the cream and peas, then orzo.
- Remove from heat and toss to coat.
- Add Parmesan until sauce coats pasta thickly adding enough reserved cooking liquid to maintain a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt-n-pep and serve!