Absolutely EASY and delicious Sausage rolls!! I thought I’d try theses for fun! Technically you’re supposed to cook the sausage first… I happen to have Club sized sausage patties boxes in my freezer, so I just chopped up those and heated them up while I added the other ingredients. Worked like a charm! These were so delicious and one sheet of Puff Pastry makes 3 huge logs that cut into 8-10 rolls.
1/2 LB sausage
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
2-3 TBsp Worcestershire sauce
2 TBsp tomato paste
1 sheet puff pastry
Preheat oven to 400F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or use non-stick.
- Break up sausage and fully cook. Add breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, tomato paste and salt-n-pep.
- Crack egg into small bowl and use fork to mix. Add half the egg to sausage mix and mix all ingredients completely.
- Lay out sheet of puff pastry. (Sheet should be approx 5″x10″ or 9″x9″ depending on brand) Cut into strips, each 2-1/2″ or 3″ by 10″.
- Take half the sausage mix and put down the middle of strips. Roll each strip up.
- Place each on the baking tray and brush with remaining egg and sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and carefully cut them into desired sizes.