Caesar Salad Ingredients:
1 head of Romain Lettuce
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan for Garnish
- 1/2 loaf day old Italian bread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 TBsp Italian Seasoning
- Melt the butter and add the Italian Seasoning.
- Cut bread into bite-sized cubes and toss with the butter mixture.
- Back at 375F for 20 mins
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 1/2 TBsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- Fresh ground pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 “coddle” Egg
Wash, tear and drain lettuce.
In a large salad bowl, mash the garlic with a fork.
Add chopped anchovy fillets, Worcestershire, mustard, lemon juice, and coddle egg and then swirl all of this around the sides of the bowl until coated.
Mix in the olive oil with a fork until it is well combined. The dressing should appear creamy.
Add romaine, then croutons, Toss well to combine and serve with Parmesan Chips.
Parmesan Cheese Crisps:
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese (not grated parm)
- 1 TBsp flour
- Mix flour into Parmesan cheese and drop by Tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Set oven to 350F and bake 10-12 mins, or until cheese is bubble and set.
- Allow to cool and become crispy!