I have TONS of meat in my freezer I’m trying to use up, so I thought to make a massive amount of chili. The recipe I got from Mom is from Silver pallet, but it’s for 35-40 people… So I tried to cut it down but it still tasted REALLY season-ey so I ended up adding more tomatoes, wine and another pound of meat… needless to say it made a tonnn. This is a 6-quart stockpot and you can see how filled up this bad-boy is.
At any rate, I brought a bunch into work and gave the rest to friends & family. I put Venison Sausage in there too so extra delish. Has a nice kick at the end and is SUPER flavorful.
- olive oil
- 1 lb chopped yellow onions
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (12oz) can tomato paste
- 2 TBsp garlic
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
- 3 large cans Crushed tomatoes
- 3 (15.5) oz red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup red wine
- 1-2 TBsp ground cumin
- 2-3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 TBsp black pepper
- 2 TBsp salt
- 2 TBsp basil
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- +2 TBsp crushed red pepper
- 1 TBsp cayenne
- 3 TBsp lemon juice
- Heat oil, add onions till translucent
- Crumble sausage and beef into separate pot and cook till brown
- Stir in tomato paste and all dried seasonings.
- Add crushed toms, wine, lemon juice, beans and meat. Simmer uncovered 30mins – 1 hr.
- Throw in crock to keep warm and serve.